The following information provides a general guide to the requirements of auditions with COW. Auditionees should refer to the most recent information provided for a specific audition.
Auditionees will be cast for a role in accordance with the following criteria:
- Musical ability
- Theatrical ability
- Suitability for a role
- Potential to learn, develop and benefit from the experience
- Contribution to the company
Note that COW reserves the right to fill roles from outside of the audition process (e.g. if a suitable person is not found).
Auditions for principal roles may include:
- Performing an aria of own choice
- Performing a set piece (for a particular role)
- Demonstrating some simple sight-singing ability
- Answering questions about background, experience and future goals
Auditions for chorus roles will generally involve:
- Answering some questions about your background, experience and future goals
- Singing scales and intervals as directed